The Kelso Longview Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation serves as the General Advisory Committee for Career & Technical Programs in Cowlitz County. Our purpose is to provide direction and guidance to educational administrators responsible for implementing the entire career-technical education (CTE) program offered within Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties. The five major roles served by our members include:
- Providing information which will update, modify, expand, and improve the overall quality of program(s).
- Supporting and strengthening the partnership between business, labor, the community, and education.
- Making recommendations that will strengthen and expand curriculum and provide assistance to implement recommendations.
- Advising staff on appropriate activities to be implemented through the Tech Prep and Worker Retraining programs as a way to strengthen partnerships in the community.
- Partnering with events created to help promote Professional/Technical trades and skills as mentioned above, which would include volunteering time, help with recruitment of volunteers, and offering advice.
Five Strategic Goals:
- Students will have access to relevant and rigorous career and technical education and training for all growing occupations in greater Cowlitz/Wahkiakum counties.
- Students will have the option of earning college credit for career and technical education courses that are articulated with Lower Columbia College or registered apprenticeship.
- Local career and technical education resources are maximized to ensure available and high quality education for high school students.
- All general career and technical education and Tech Prep advisory responsibilities are carried out by this consortium.
- CTE and Tech Prep will have the support of local employers to advocate for rigorous and relevant career and technical education opportunities among legislators, school boards, and other policy makers